20 Dec Beef and Broccoli Stir-fry
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 1 ½ cups long grain rice
- 2 cups of water
- 500 g beef
- 1 tsp ginger
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 Tbsp vinegar (cider or white)
- 1 tsp oil
- 2 carrots
- 1 broccoli
- 1 large red onion
- 2 Tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 Tbsp Sweet chilli sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- Spring onions
1. In a medium pot, bring the water and salt to the boil. Add in the rice, stir, cover with a lid and reduce the heat to low. Cook for 10 minutes, then remove from the heat and set aside, covered, until the rice is tender and the water is absorbed, 15 minutes.
2. Thinly slice the beef. Mince the garlic and peel and grate the ginger. Cut the onion into wedges and thinly slice carrots. Cut broccoli into bite size pieces. Thinly slice the spring onion.
3. Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan on high heat. Add the garlic and ginger and cook until fragrant. Add the carrots and broccoli to the pan or wok and cook for 4 or so minutes.
4. Add the beef and cook for 2 minutes or so stirring consistently before. Add the onion cooking for another 3 minutes.
5. Add the oyster sauce and sweet chilli. Add a little water to loosen the sauce or if its starts to burn. Top with spring onions. Divide the rice and stir-fry into bowls topping with spring onions.