Toi Tangata is the only national organisation providing advocacy and coordination for kaupapa Māori-based approaches across the public health nutrition and physical activity sector.
We execute our advocacy and coordination role by:
- Developing and providing our own nutrition and physical activity programmes and training opportunities to the health sector.
- Coordinating and promoting the programmes and training opportunities of other providers.
- Evaluating our own, and other, programmes and publishing this work.
- Promoting the success of these approaches and identifying the best practice strategies.
- Collaborating with research partners, tertiary institutions, community, and whānau groups to expand and grow this knowledge base.
- Creating forums where this knowledge can be shared across the sector and across communities.