05 Oct Teriyaki Tofu & Veggie bowl
Cooking time: 30 minute
1 cup water
1 ½ cups long grain rice
2 bok choy
200 g green beans
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 cloves of garlic
Dash of soy sauce
600 g firm Tofu (or chicken breast if preferred)
2 Tbsp cornflour
1 ½ cups Teriyaki sauce
Chopped coriander (optional)
- In a medium pot, bring the water to the boil. Add rice, stir, cover with a lid and reduce the heat to low. Cook for 10 minutes then remove from the heat and set aside, covered,until the rice is tender and the water is absorbed, 15 minutes.
- Roughly chop the bok choy, cut the ends off the green beans, and cut in half. Cut the carrots at each end and in half long ways. Then cut into thin half moon slices.
- Heat a frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add oil and garlic. Add the carrots and beans to the pan for 1 minute. Add bok choy and cook for 2 minutes. Add a dash of soy sauce to the vegetables to flavour. Set vegetables aside on a plate.
- Drain the tofu and cut into medium sized cube. Coat the tofu in the cornflour. Return pan to the heat. Add another dash of oil, add the tofu to the pan turning until browned and heated through. Once browned add a dash of water and then the teriyaki sauce. Let sauce heat for a couple of minutes in the pan.
- Divide the rice, tofu and vegetables into each bowl. Top with coriander and a wedge of lemon
- Kids meal