29 Sep Lamb Chops with Couscous
Posted at 18:24h in Recipes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 8 lamb chops or cutlets
- 300g couscous
- Vegetable stock
- 1 carrot
- 1⁄2 red onion
- 1 handful fresh parsley
- 1 handful fresh coriander
- Zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 50 g toasted seeds or nuts
- 50 g dried fruit either cranberries or raisins
- 130g baby leaf spinach
- 1⁄2 tsp honey
- 4 tsp Olive Oil
- 2 tsp Balsamic vinegar
- 1 handful cherry tomatoes
- Preheat the oven to 160°C. Heat the oil a large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Season the lamb with
salt and pepper, then add to the pan along with the lemon slices and cook for 3-5 minutes on each side
(longer if you like your meat well done). Once the lamb is cooked, transfer it to a tray and loosely cover it
with foil. Turn off the oven and put the lamb in to keep warm and rest.
- Cook the couscous according to the pack instructions using hot vegetable stock instead of plain water.
Finely dice the onion and grate the carrot. Roughly chop the fresh herbs.
- Add 60ml of water to the pan that had the lamb in it. Let bubble on a high heat, scraping the pan. Reduce
the liquid by roughly half, then stir in the lemon juice and zest. Take off the heat and stir in the couscous,
toasted nuts, dried fruit, ,carrot, and red onion. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Prepare a quick dressing by mixing the honey, balsamic vinegar olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Prepare a quick salad with the baby spinach leaves, cherry tomatoes and dressing
- Divide the lamb chops, couscous and salad amongst the plates.