29 Mar Roasted mushroom burger and wedges
Cooking time: 30
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 medium-sized potatoes
- 6 portobello mushrooms
- Salt and pepper
- Small knob of butter
- Pinch of paprika
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 can sliced beetroot
- Cos or iceberg lettuce
- 2 tomatoes
- 50 g cheese
- 1 Red onion
- 4 Burger buns
- Mayonnaise (or preferred condiments)
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C. Cut the sweet potato into wedges. Place the fries on an oven tray lined with baking paper. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil. Toss to coat, then spread out in a single layer and bake for 25-30 minutes until cooked through.
2. While the fries are baking, lay the portobello open side up on a baking tray. Mince the garlic. Sprinkle a little olive oil, a small knob of butter, a pinch of minced garlic, oregano, paprika, salt and pepper onto each mushroom. Place in the oven and roast for 15 minutes.
3. Open the tin of beetroot, thinly slice the tomatoes and red onion. Grate the cheese and tear the lettuce in palm sized pieces.
4. Cut the burger buns in half and toast in a warm pan. Remove the wedges and mushrooms from the oven
5. Build your burgers with the roasted mushrooms, red onion, tomato, lettuce and mayonnaise (or any other preferred condiment). Serve the burgers with the fries.