29 Mar Vegetable Fritters with Kūmara Chips & Green Salad
Cooking time: 35
- 2 medium kūmara
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Pinch salt and pepper
- 2 courgettes
- 2 carrots
- 1 can whole kernel sweet corn
- Spring onions
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup of milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 60 g baby spinach leaves or cos lettuce
- 1⁄2 Red onion, thinly sliced
- Handful pumpkin seeds
- 80-100g feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 tsp runny honey
- 4 tsp olive Oil
- 2 tsp Balsamic vinegar
- To serve
- sweet chilli sauce
- To serve: sweet chilli sauce and lemon wedges
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C. Cut the Kumara into long chips. Place the broccoli and kumara on separate ends of an oven tray. Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper and toss. Roast kumara 15 – 20 minutes until tender.
2. Grate the courgette and carrots. Squeeze the excess moisture out of the courgette with your hands or a tea towel. Thinly slice the spring onion and chop the garlic. In a medium bowl whisk eggs and milk. Add courgette, sweet corn, carrot, garlic and spring onion and stir well. Add flour, salt and pepper. Mix well to combine.
3. Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add pumpkin seeds and toast, stirring, until browned, 3-4 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
4. Return the frying pan to a medium-high heat and add enough oil to coat the base of the pan. When the oil is hot, add 2 Tbsp of fritter mixture to the pan. Repeat with some of the remaining mixture. Cook until golden, 3-4 minutes each side. Transfer to a plate lined with a paper towel. Repeat with the remaining fritter mixture.
5. In a small jar, combine oil, honey and vinegar. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Mix cooled spinach, feta, red onion and toasted pumpkin seeds in a bowl and toss. Drizzle dressing over the salad mixture just before serving.
6. Divide the salad, kumara chips and courgette and carrot fritters between plates. Serve with sweet chilli sauce and remaining lemon wedges.