09 Dec Pete the Surfer’s gluten sugar free granola
Homemade granola can be a healthy, comforting, and tasty treat. Most of the store-bought stuff is high in sugar though, so try this sugar free version!
1/2 cup mixed nuts
1 cup sunflower
1 cup pumpkin seeds
⅛ cup linseed
⅛ cup chia seeds
⅛ cup sesame seeds
1 and ½ cups large flake coconut
¼ cup of coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 190-200 degrees.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Add coconut oil 1 tablespoon at a time just to moisten the dry ingredients.
- Line the oven dish with non-stick baking paper. Spread the granola mix evenly onto the baking paper
- Bake for about 20 minutes, then remove from the oven and stir the granola well. Return it to the oven for another 15 to 20 minutes, or until the coconut flakes are golden brown and the coconut oil is evenly dispersed.
- Let the granola cool completely, giving it a stir every few minutes will speed up the cooling process and help to mix the coconut oil through the granola evenly. Once completely cooled transfer the mix into your breakfast storage container. Store at room temperature.
You can add or change out some of the ingredients above for some of the following (remember it won’t be sugar free once the dried fruit has been added) :
- ½ cup trail mix
- 2 cups oats
- 1/2 cup dried fruit