09 Dec Gettin Ready for the Summer: BBQ Pork Belly Tortilla
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 red chilli, chopped finely
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 750g piece pork belly
How to serve
- 1 packet of corn tortillas
- Extra coriander to garnish
For tomato salsa
Combine 2 chopped tomatoes, ¼ red onion sliced, 2 Tbsp coriander, ½ tsp sugar, salt and pepper to taste.
Mash 1 ripe avocado, 2 cloves garlic, ½ chopped green chilli, juice of 1 lime, salt and pepper to taste.
- In a small bowl combine garlic, chilli, cumin, oil, salt and lemon juice. Remove skin from the pork belly. Rub the meat with marinade and leave for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat a barbecue to low. Remove the pork reserving the marinade for basting. Cook pork, covered, on a hot plate for 2 hours, turning once every 30 minutes. If you find it getting too dark, place it on a sheet of tinfoil.
- While it is cooking make tomato salsa and guacamole. When the pork is cooked and tender let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Heat tortillas on barbecue for 30 seconds each side.
- Serve the pork sliced on the tortilla with a dollop each of tomato salsa and guacamole. Garnish with coriander.