12 Feb Tai Tokerau Showcase – Mid-North LIPPS 4 Kai
Leadership, Innovate, Policies, Practice, Shared
The LIPPS 4 Kai kaupapa is about the community, public and private sector coming together to build a joined-up approach across the Mid-North where the norm is healthy kai.
Their purpose is to create a movement of people by courageous Leadership, local Innovation, realistic Policies, accountable Practice and Shared equitable outcomes across the food system, hence the anagram, LIPPS.
The movement aims to;
- Actively seek direction and partnerships, particularly with tai tamariki / youth.
- Develop and maintain an agreed call to action.
- Host innovation and initiatives that promotes available, accessible, and affordable fresh kai.
- Create a healthy kai movement where people can contribute, enjoy and celebrate local fresh kai as first choice.
- Raewyn Nafatali, Healthy families Far North
- Lee Mason, Seventh day Adventist Church, Pataka Kai, Youth & whanau Cooking
- Thérèse Wickbom, Bald Angels