11 Dec Healthy Inu
With the festive season upon us, there are so many opportunities to mix and mingle, so here are a few tried and true recipes for healthy beverages.
- 4 cups of water
- 2 cups of your favourite fresh fruit (consider berries and watermelon)
- 1 tbsp fresh Mint leaves finely chopped (increase by the tablespoon – up to 1/4 c is fine otherwise it can be overpowering)
- 1 1/2 cup ice
- Combine all ingredients into a blender and blend until ice is roughly crushed.
- Pour into a jug leave to stand for a few minutes and serve.
- Garnish with a slice of lime and tangelo (optional) and a mint leaf
NB if you or any of your whanau are diabetic consider cutting out the watermelon as watermelon is loaded with natural sugars.
Wai – zero
The following are examples of fresh fruit only
1 cup raspberry 64
1 cup blueberries 85
1 cup strawberries 49
1 cup blackberries 62
1 cup of watermelon balls 47
1 cup of pineapple chunks 82
Fact: Did you know that frozen berries often contain more vitamins and minerals because they are generally packed at their peak.