06 May Ma’s Bacon Hock Soup
It’s the time of year to get your crock-pots out. This is a lovely winter warmer that you can start early in the day and leave simmering until dinner time.
Prep Time: 20 minutes preparation, 8 hours cooking (on low)
- 1 bacon hock
- 1 kūmara, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 sticks celery, chopped
- 1 cup pumpkin, chopped
- 1 packet Kings Chicken Flavoured Chickpea Soup Mix
1. Put bacon hock and chopped vegetables into crock pot.
2. Add soup mix and cover in water according to packet instructions.
3. Put on low and leave all day until dinner time.
4. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve and enjoy.