03 May Suaree’s Meatloaf
With colder months around the corner, this easy and quick chicken loaf is ideal for whānau. You can substitute ground beef in this meatloaf recipe if you wish, but you save the calories by using ground chicken. This recipe has a great flavour, texture, and aroma! Serve with a side salad and some golden roast potatoes for a balanced and nutritious kai.
Prep time: 20 minutes preparation, 45 minutes cooking
800g lean chicken mince
2 zucchini, grated
2 carrots, grated
2 Tbsp Chinese chives
1 Tbsp lemon zest
Salt and Pepper
2 shakes Masterfoods Tuscan Seasoning
1. Heat the oven to 180°C and arrange a rack in the middle. Line a 9×5 inch loaf pan with baking paper and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, thoroughly mix the wet ingredients except the sesame oil (first six ingredients on the list). Using clean hands, mix with hands until evenly combined (don’t squeeze or overwork the mixture).
3. Evenly sprinkle two shakes of the Masterfoods Tuscan Seasoning over mixture, and a dash of salt and pepper to season.
4. Transfer the mixture to the prepared pan, spread it to the edges, and smooth out the top. Drizzle with sesame oil and another dash of MasterFoods Tuscan Seasoning.
5. Bake for 40-45 minutes on 180°C or until cooked through.
6. Remove the loaf from the pan onto a wire rack by lifting the baking paper sides as handles. Let the loaf sit 10 minutes before slicing and serving.