27 Apr Kūtai Chowder
A quick and easy, delicious kūtai dish.
1 Tbsp oil
1 clove garlic, diced
1 onion, diced
1 Tbsp curry powder
2 rīwai, peeled and grated
1 cup fish or vegetable stock
1 cup light evaporated milk
handful parsley, chopped
- Steam mussels until they open, discard the ones that do not open.
- Remove the cooked mussels from the shell. Cut the mussels in half.
- Heat a fry pan add the oil. Add the garlic, onions and curry powder. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chopped mussels, potatoes and stock. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the milk, parsley and simmer for 3 minutes.