This maramataka planning wānanga is designed to be empowering and informative and is an opportunity for you to learn from an expert with over 14 years’ experience.
Over the course of the day you will learn how to use maramataka to reclaim your time, energy and space. Using maramataka as a planning tool can help you become more aware of the environment and the moon’s energies to plan and execute the right activities at the right time.
To make the most of the workshop, there are a few things you may like to consider beforehand, including identifying the purpose of your organisation and what your role is to help achieve this.
A few other things you could do in preparation are;
● Review and bring a copy of your organisation’s strategic and annual plan.
● Consider any up and coming important work event dates, project deadlines and reports due dates (next 12 months)
● Dates for annual leave and if your organisation will continue to deliver services during Dec/Jan Christmas/New Year period.
● Personal and whanau goals that you may want to incorporate into your maramataka planning
● Our unique maramataka wall planner will be used by participants as a tool to map out the 2019-2020 year starting in Matariki.
Participants will be empowered to achieve and produce using matauranga Maori!
You will also receive a maramataka Māori wall planner, a great tool to help you observe, plan and action your mahi.
About the facilitator
Heeni Hoterene (Ngati Hine, Nga Puhi, Ngati Raukawa ki te tonga, Ngai Tahu ki kaikoura) will facilitate this interactive one day session on how to use the Maramataka M`āori as a planning tool within the work force. She has 14 years experience at delivering this wananga across a wide variety of sectors including education, early childhood education, kura kaupapa Māori, health roopu, government departments, and whanau and hapu groups.Heeni has trained over 3000 practioners of maramataka using the unique colour code maramataka classification system. She is a researcher, facilitator, broadcaster and organic gardener with practical experience at building rammed earth off grid papakainga in Te Taitokerau.