Kai Māori, Kai Ora is the over-arching kai and nutrition strategy in which all kai projects, resources and communications fall under. Throughout all our work there are key Kai Māori, Kai Ora messages, resources or principles that we weave through. This is to ensure high quality, consistent kaupapa Māori mātauranga is easily accessible and digestible for whānau, communities and kaimahi across the motu.
Key Project Objectives:
- Lead and coordinate innovative Kaupapa Māori kai/nutrition training and professional development opportunities for kaimahi in the Māori health sector.
- Create spaces where kai mātauranga is explored, shared and woven seamlessly with contemporary nutrition knowledge to inform best practice.
- Identify spaces of influence or advocacy from the community or sector for kai and nutrition.
- Provide consistent, engaging, high quality kai and nutrition mātauranga to the sector, community and whānau through the Toi Tangata communication platforms or resources.
- Develop and promote evidence based Kaupapa Māori Nutrition mediums, messages and communications.
- Develop resources and merchandise to support key messages.
Kai Māori, Kai Ora & Wai Māori, Ngai Māori
As an advocate of positive health Toi Tangata recognises that there are many different elements to being well. We understand that there are numerous components that need to be weaved together for an individual, whānau, community or nation to do this. We also acknowledge that there is a relationship between our culture and the way we move, eat, drink, think and behave. We have drawn inspiration from the Māori concepts of mauri, whakapapa and mana to promote and share how we view kai and wai. As our overarching kaupapa is to help create supportive environments for Māori to flourish and fulfil their potential.
WANT TO KNOW MORE?
Contact Callie on email@example.com, or call (09) 638 5800.