13 Dec Kedgeree
Posted at 23:47h in Recipes
Kedgeree is a fish and rice dish that can be eaten hot or cold. This is an easy, tasty, and cheap version of kedgeree that my family loves!
- 3 x celery stalks chopped
- 1 x large onion, diced
- 5 x eggs
- 1 1/2 cups of brown rice. Brown rice is best but you can use whatever is in the cupboard 🙂
- 2 teaspoons of curry powder
- The zest and juice of a lemon
- A handful of parsley or coriander, chopped
- 2 x 185g tins of smoked tuna. Or if you are really lucky a smoked kahawai, flaked
- 2 tablespoons of canola or rice bran oil.
- Dollop of sweet Thai chilli sauce
- Cook your rice as per packet instructions and set aside.
- Hard boil your eggs and set aside
- In a large fry pan saute the onions in the oil until they are soft but not brown.
- Add the curry powder and stir for a minute to release the flavours
- Add in the smoked tuna or fish, cooked rice and celery, stir to combine.
- Add in the zest and juice of the lemon
- Finely chop the parsley or coriander and add to the pan
- Peel and cut up the eggs into quarters and gently mix through
- Serve with a dollop sweet thai chilli or hot chilli sauce.